When you go to a forest, it is very important to be in good hands. So you can explore and appreciate the life in the jungle the way it should be. This is where Asian Adventures scores over others – after all, they are naturalists who also understand what hospitality is all about. And they are very good at both.
The Gir Birding Lodge is set in a mango orchard, with cottages blending with the environment around. Don’t be surprised if you have exotic birds and animals hanging around your porch – or even joining you for a meal. It is all a part of a plan to be with nature’s wondrous creations.
The management and staff are very knowledgeable and experienced, and will address all your queries. They will arrange your safaris with guides, and give you excellent suggestions on what to do beyond the forest safaris. They will even arrange for guides to take you on village tours, places where migratory and local birds hang around and more.
Make sure you take the cottages with the verandahs – it is a pleasure sitting there for the morning and evening tea, or even an after-dinner chat, overlooking the orchard.
Here is more:
* Service: Impeccable. The staff always at hand to take care of any of your needs, willingly and with all courtesies.
* Rooms: Very well done. Spacious cottages with double beds, with additional single beds too for the entire family to stay. Air-conditioning in the room and hot water in the bathrooms are always available. The interiors are tasteful, of high quality, with clean sheets and towels. The bathroom is well equipped with toiletries. You have a facility to make tea / coffee in the room.
* Location: Adjacent to one of the main entries to the park. Your safari would start or end at this gate. Does not get better. Again, don’t be taken aback if a lion comes for a walk outside the gates – it is not uncommon.
* Liked Best: The setting, the quality of the rooms and the staff.
* Food Quality: The food is clean and wholesome, and the menu designed to suit most preferences. The spread will spoil you too. When I was the only one for a particular meal, I suggested the cook make only a handful of dishes for me – no Sir, they said. We have instructions to offer the full menu irrespective of the number of guests. Burp!
The next time you go lion spotting, you know where to stay!
For Reservations or more information you may contact:
F-313, Lado Sarai, New Delhi – 110030.
Phone: +91-011- 44128785
Mobile No :+91-9811704651
Below are some pictures and a video of the property.
This video is available on Youtube as well.