An entrepreneur knows how to set up a great resort or hotel, but few know how to address the needs of their guests. Rann Riders gives you no reason to complain. Owned and managed by the descendants of the former rulers of Dasada, you know it has been set up by someone with taste.
Even before I checked into the resort in Dasada village in the Little Rann of Kutch Wildlife Sanctuary region in Gujarat, they had me impressed. Asking for directions while driving from Udaipur, they suggested I visit attractions like the Modhera Sun Temple and Patan on the way – it sure saved me a drive back from Dasada later to cover these.
You go to the Little Rann to explore the salt desert and sight wildlife – and if you are not in able hands, you could just have an average experience. Rann Riders had a highly knowledgeable and experienced guide waiting for me, who knew just where to go and at what time to spot the animals, birds and the landscape. You don’t want to travel all the way just to stay in a good resort – there is a purpose to it, and Rann Riders know it.
The resort itself adds to the delight of being there. An ethnically designed eco-resort, it has the appearance of a local village with amenities for your comfort thrown in. Cottages are designed to resemble the ‘Kooba’ houses of the Bajania community of Dasada and the ‘Bhunga’ houses of the Rabaris of Kutch, decorated with mirrors, mud-plaster work and embroideries. Here is more:
* Service: Awesome. From housekeeping to meals to your safaris and sightseeing, the staff is always at hand extending full courtesies in an efficient manner. Tough to fault them.
* Rooms: Traditionally designed but furnished with modern comforts. Rooms are very spacious, with double beds and chairs. Furnishings are hand embroidered linen and cushion covers from nearby villages. Rooms are air-conditioned, bathrooms are fitted with hot and cold showers and western-style toilet fittings, and there is a dry dressing area too. You can lounge in the rooms, or in the verandahs or swinging sofas outside.
* Location: Easily accessible, and just the place to go off for your safaris.
* Amenities: There is a large dining area where you can lounge all day on their comfortable sofas with bolsters and cushions. You can walk around on the footpaths along the lawns, or take a dip in the pool. A small shop allows shopaholics to pick up some local handicrafts.
* Liked Best: The location, design of the resort and their knowledge and experience of taking you on safaris.
* Food Quality: Each meal is a vast spread, with their cooks sure knowing what it takes to keep both Indian and foreign guests happy. The dishes on offer are tasty and wholesome but do not make you feel heavy – important when you have to be out bumping around in the wild.
If you want to explore the Little Rann of Kutch, stay with the Rann Riders – all your effort and money spent will be rewarded many times over.
For booking and more information, contact Rann Riders at
Dasada 382750, District – Surendranagar,
Mobile: +91 9925236014
Telefax: +91 2757 280257/280457
Email: email@example.com, www.rannriders.com
Here are some photos and a video of the property.
This video is available on Youtube as well.